Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Love Walking Shadows? Support it on Patreon!

I have been working on Walking Shadows in one form or another for three years now. While its current iteration only dates back to early 2015, the previous incarnation featured far shorter posts on a daily basis with less overall content. But as I've worked on the story and developed the characters, I have wanted to put more and more time and energy into the world of Ian, Stomp, Cyrus, Alli, Marilyn, Rosa, Peach, Phoebe and Kaihime. But I also have to be realistic: Walking Shadows has never turned a profit of any kind.

Last year I set up a Patreon to allow fans to directly support my work. I left it unused for most of this year, but starting in November, it will become the go-to support method for fans that enjoy Walking Shadows. Readers will be able to donate anything from a single dollar up every month to show their support for great fiction delivered at three pages a week.

What is Patreon? It is a crowd-funding profit designed for fans to directly contribute to the creators they love and want to support. Put simply, it is a way for anyone reading this to show their support financially for Walking Shadows and super powered fiction as a whole.

If the Patreon proves successful however, I plan to do much more than just bring you Walking Shadows. I want to bring things like a dedicated domain, paid art and professional site design to Walking Shadows. I also want to increase the publishing schedule as well as debut new serialized features like Cosmic! and Lightweight.

All supporters get access to exclusive content only available to patrons. Supporters can get also ebook editions of Walking Shadows delivered on a monthly basis, plus novels in the Metahuman Press library and even print editions.

This doesn't mean I plan to put this series behind a pay window or anything like that. I plan to bring Walking Shadows free to readers for a long time to come.

Please head over to Patreon and check out the campaign, the goals and the rewards. With your support, we can start to make them a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment