Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 7-2

“Do you think Alli knows that though?”

“Why wouldn’t she? We agreed to it.”

He sat up and pulled her up with him. “Because that was over a year ago, Marilyn. Emotions don’t just remain static forever. And I’m several decades older than everyone here. Most people I know are thousands of years old. And even they don’t keep the same attachments. There’s a reason why every god is fucking everything around them. That’s what happens when divorce isn’t an option, but emotions change. You have to expect her to grow feelings. Haven’t you?”

Marilyn shrugged. “I still love Alli. But we have a thing that’s mostly about convenience. She fucks good and I fuck good. It makes us fun. Just like you’re fun. But it doesn’t make me linked to her forever anymore than you and I are linked for life.”

“I just wished I could be as sure that this will go down as easy as you are,” Cyrus said.

She reached out and rubbed his cheek. “Poor Cyrus, you’re always so concerned. Always thinking so hard. Calm down. If it’s a problem, it’s not your problem. It’s mine. I’ll talk to Alli. I’ll see how things go. I like being with her, but I like being with you too. She will either deal with that or she won’t.”

“How are you of all people so zen about everything? It’s weird to see you like that especially with that face. I met her once you know. She wasn’t anything like you.”

“Who?”

“The other Marilyn. Monroe. I was pretty young, but Mom and Dad had a reception for local politicians and celebrities in the early sixties. President Kennedy was there and so was she. Little did I know they were a thing on the side. But she was nice, but terribly manic. She was anything but stable, but she knew how to have a good time. It was clear to anyone with half a brain though that she wasn’t going to live a long life. She had too many problems for that.”

“You never told me that.”

“I hadn’t thought about it in years.”

She planted a slow kiss on his lips. “Well, you can tell me more if you would like.” She kissed him again. “Or I can make you feel like a President.”

He smiled and shook his head. “You’re insatiable, you know that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment