Thursday, June 2, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 22-4

The woman leaned in close. Her eyes seemed to glow with a dark energy in the dim light of the sedan. “Nothing about this Peach and her powers jogged your memories? You don’t recall anything about the coven or what they tried to do to you.”

Ian grimaced. His head hurt as her words forced him to navigate the broken corners of his mind. He clutched at his forehead, but he could only shake his head in response.

“Answer me with your words, Ian.”

Through gritted teeth, he said, “I don’t remember them at all, mistress.”

“Remember, Ian. What do you remember of the coven?”

“I-I remember Locke. I remember him killing men and women I know. I can’t remember their names anymore, but I remember they were important to me. He murdered them all because he hated me.”

She smirked. “Good. Do you remember the rest of the coven? You and Locke were not the only immortals after all.”

He met her eyes. He stared deep into them. “I remember you, Sandra. You were among them. You used me. You manipulated me into betraying Locke. You caused so many deaths. But I escaped you.”

“You tried, dear boy. You made it last for a few years at a time. But I always found you. You were far too useful to me. Someone of your power under my control makes my life so much easier.”

“But you aren’t in control of your own destiny anymore. There’s someone else now. Someone that can resist your power. Someone that has control over you.” The memories seemed to open in his mind, even though they were still blurred by the haze in his head. “You couldn’t stop him and you couldn’t escape him. I tried, but something brought me back. Someone I can’t quite recall.”

Sandra nodded. “Your memories are better than you thought, Ian. Your mind just needed a bit of prodding I suspect. But you’ve disobeyed me. That cannot happen. What did you just call me a moment ago.”

“Sandra. That’s your name.”

“Not for you!” The volume of her words caused an echo through the sedan.

“No, mistress. I’m sorry, mistress.”

She lifted one of her heels up in front of her. They were leather. Flashes of memories came to him again. But these were ones that made him shiver.

“You know what to do, Ian. Show me how sorry you are. Serve me.”

Ian sank down off his seat. He sat on his knees in front of her. Though he wanted nothing more than to stand and slink away, he couldn’t control his actions. No matter how hard he fought, he could not stop himself from bending forward. He could not stop himself from taking her shoe in his hand. He tried to pull his head away. To stop himself in anyway. But nothing worked.

Ian hated himself as his mouth opened and he slowly started to lick the leather around her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment