Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 23. Rosa

Rosa didn’t both to explain the solid block of wood carved into her makeshift door. She just quickly put her keys in the deadbolt and lock to open it. She almost fell into the room with Sessily right behind her.

The dancer hadn’t moved more than a few inches from her since they arrived at the apartment building. She seemed dangerously close. Rosa wasn’t quite sure why it bothered her so much. It felt like heat radiated off Sessily’s skin. It intoxicated Rosa in ways she couldn’t quite comprehend.

Is she using some kind of power over me? Why can’t I seem to draw away from her when I’m this uncomfortable?

Sessily ran a hand through her dyed red locks. It was a wild mess, matted by sweat at the club but cooled by the chill air as Rosa ran them home. She wore only a pair of heels, her torn fishnets and a long t-shirt. Her robe had been lost in their hurried escape from the club. She took a step away from Rosa, but immediately shivered.

She feels like fire to me, but she’s clearly almost freezing from being outside dressed like that.

“Stay here for just a second,” Rosa said. A second later she was in her bedroom. She grabbed up her robe from the hook on the closet door. Another second later, she stood back in front of Sessily.

“When you say just a second, you really mean just a second.”

“I guess so,” Roxi said. She helped Sessily climb into the robe. Sessily pulled it tightly around her.

“Thanks.”

De nada. This kind of thing used to be old habit for me. But the whole hero thing is long behind me. You can spend the night here, but we’ve got to find you some help tomorrow.”

“That’s fair,” Sessily said. “I’m already intruding on your life so much. Your boyfriend and Mel are still out there. I’m sure you’re worried while I’m keeping you here.”

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Rosa couldn’t quite understand why she led with that. “Keith and I are just friends. It’s too new for either of us to call each other boyfriend or girlfriend. But I know he can handle himself. Mel seems tough too. I’m sure they got away alright.”

“Yeah, Mel’s a wily one. With her talents and Keith’s police connections, I’m sure they will mop up Jacks in no time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment