Saturday, June 11, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 23-3

Sessily smiled broadly.

“What? What did I say?”

“You’ve seen pretty much all of me. Without this robe, I’m just a nude dancer that hasn’t managed to get dressed. Not that it matters. Half this city has seen me naked. But one thing I’ve gained in my years at clubs like Jacks is a good eye for beauty. And I’m thinking you would have been smoking hot covered in spandex.”

Rosa felt herself blush. She couldn’t control it anymore. She wasn’t sure she wanted to. Something told her losing control was all she wanted.

Sessily moved close to her. “Do I scare you, Rosa?”

“No. No. Definitely not. I just—I’m confused.”

“What confuses you?” Sessily was maybe two inches away from her. Rosa couldn’t take her eyes off her full lips, still painted red from Lumber Jacks. They were succulent. Beautiful. Enrapturing.

“I-I’m not sure.”

“If you’re not confused, then do what you want to do. There is something you want to do, isn’t there, Rosa?”

“I—”

Sessily’s hand touched her arm. She couldn’t stop the shiver that ran down her spine. Her touch was electric. Rosa felt it race through her body.

Rosa backed away a step. She needed space if she was going to think. “What do you want, Sessily? You came here to hide out, but this doesn’t feel like that.”

“I’m here to stay safe. I didn’t lie about that. I have men that want me dead. They sent those assassins to the club, because they found me and want to finish the job. I thought I was safe, but it’s clear I’m not. But just because I’m hiding out doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun. I like fun. Who doesn’t like fun? But this isn’t about me anymore.” She stepped closer again. “You didn’t answer the question. What do you want to do?”

Rosa stared into Sessily’s eyes. She could see the fire in them. She suspected her own eyes showed a similar gleam.

She reached out and grabbed Sessily by the hand. Rosa pulled the other woman to her. A moment later, her lips touched Sessily’s. Immediately it felt like the only thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment