Thursday, September 3, 2015

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 4-4

The driver shook her head and opened the door. As soon as she stepped out, she brandished a weapon, an oversized pistol. Kaihime knew she dubbed it the Sticky Gun.

Alli Finch’s words were cold and calculated towards Kaihime. “I don’t know who the hell you think you are, but you’ve messed with me on the wrong damn day. Stand aside or I’ll blast you where you stand.”

Kaihime lowered her hand. She knew these people were violent and she wanted to give the woman no cause to shoot. “I mean you no harm, Allison Finch. But I do need your help.”

“Yeah, well, I’ve got a phone number. I don’t respond well to freaks that try and destroy the Spirit-Mobile.”

“I would not let have let that happen. But I needed your attention. You and your friends are in grave danger. And that danger could change the entire course of human existence. You must stop, before it is too late.”

Alli stared at her. Kaihime didn’t know what to make of the other woman’s expression. She seemed confused at Kaihime’s proclamation. Alli stood up and slowly lowered the weapon.

“Look, I don’t know you at all, lady. You’re some kind of electric laced freak that just dropped from the sky, nearly caused me to crash into you and that wants me to ‘go with you if I want to live’. You’re like every bad cliche I’ve ever seen on the television set.”

Now it was Kaihime’s turn to be confused. Is she saying the television signals we received were wrong? I have to be careful what I say. I’m not sure if I can trust the Spirit-Cop.

“I am sorry to have disturbed you or to have interrupted you,” Kaihime said. “But my warnings are dire. I’ve seen things and I fear that only you and your friends can help me.”

“What kind of things? Falling buildings and doomsday scenarios? Skynet conquers the world?”

“Skynet? I’m not sure of this term. As to falling buildings and a doomsday, I can only say perhaps, but not yet. I see a future where you and your friends are dead. And you have been used to create a monster unlike the world has ever seen. You will raise a true demon to walk the Earth and ravage every ounce of its surface. And unless you are prepared, unless you are ready to face your own mistakes, Doppelganger will lead you to your own demise.”

“Doppelganger is dead.”

Kaihime shook her head. “He lives. He hunts you again, even now. It’s only a matter of time.”

Alli sighed. “You better come with me then.”

No comments:

Post a Comment