Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 17-10

“What are you talking about? Why would they want you?”

“I—I have a past. I used to know someone in this city very well. A crime boss. I know secrets about him and always threatened to let them out if anything happened to me. But he’s gotten antsy in the last few months and started to take risks. It’s been all over the news. I can read between the lines. Maybe he doesn’t care if I come forward with what I know, alive or dead. Maybe he just wants to cut down any loose ends like me. You have powers. You have to, as fast as you move. You can help me. Protect me.”

Rosa studied the dancer. Sexi Bach shivered in the cold night air, dressed only in a pair of panties and an abbreviated robe. She would need medical treatment, but if she was right, they couldn’t go to a hospital. But it was nothing Rosa couldn’t treat with the first responder training she had. All they needed was somewhere safe to hide out for a few hours. She could provide that, or so she hoped.  

“Alright. I’ll keep you safe. But you need to listen to me. I’ve dealt with this kind of thing before and you’re only as safe as you will help me make you. Do you understand what I’m saying, Ms. Bach.”

Sexi Bach nodded. “Please, call me Sessily. It’s my real name. Although you’re one of the only people I’ve ever met that called me Ms. Bach instead of Sexi.”

“Politeness counts,” Rosa said. “Mi padre always taught me that. Now come on, I’ll get you somewhere safe and we can talk about this old boyfriend of yours. I might be able to help, but first I have to get that head injury treated. Then you can tell me everything.”

Sessily nodded. She walked into Rosa’s arms again. Rosa couldn’t help but notice the feeling of the nearly naked form pressed against her. She took a deep breath again, but this time it was to calm her own nerves. She lifted Sessily into her arms, made sure to cradle her head again to protect her from whiplash and shot back out into the River City streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment