Thursday, March 3, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 17-5

Rosa watched the dancer disappear, her eyes staying with Sexi Bach every step of the way. She continued to stare at the closed curtain, still enraptured with the beautiful woman.

“Rosa, you feeling alright?”

She turned herself back to her own table and to Keith. She offered him a weak smile to try and cover up the fact she’d been ignoring his words for at least a few moments.

“Yeah, sorry. I’m fine. I just have never seen anything like that before. She’s amazing.”

“Yeah, she is.”

“I could never do anything like that. I would be embarrassed just to wear that outfit let alone take it off in front of a crowd of people.”

“It’s a good thing you’re not an exotic dancer then.”

“It doesn’t make you sad that I’m not pretty and open like that?”

Keith shrugged. “I like looking at pretty girls, but I want them to be comfortable. If Sexi Bach is comfortable showing her assets for the entire club, I’m happy for it. If you’re only willing to show me yours in the comfort of your apartment, I’m fine with that too. I like you for your personality, not just the way you dress or how willing you are to be a little freaky.”

“But you wouldn’t mind me a little freaky?”

Keith laughed out loud. “Never ask a man that question, Rosa. We always want our girlfriends to be a little more freaky. But I’m serious. I like you the way you are.” He reached out and ran a hand down her face. She turned her cheek into him as he caressed her.

“That makes me a bit more comfortable.”

“We can leave if you like.”

“No way. I’m having way too much fun for that.”

The P.A. system came to life again with another slight squeal. Whatever money Lumber Jacks put into their dancers, they clearly didn’t share with their D.J. Still he tried his best as he yelled into his mike at the back from his booth on the edge of the room.

“Sexi sure is something. But now we’ve got a whole new fresh act ready to burn down the house. Ladies, gentlemen and anything in between, all of y’all give it up for the one and only Nitey Nightmare!”

Rosa was a bit surprised to not hear Mel’s name, but she didn’t even know the woman’s last name. It made sense that she wouldn’t want to use her real name as a dancer here though. Rosa knew enough about the unsavory types of the world to know some took attraction to a crazed extreme. Anonymity would be a good defense for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment