Thursday, February 4, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 16-4

“Franz, you’re always so full of it,” I said.

“My brother just wants to speak of your charms,” Harry added. “We were beginning to think we would have to wait for dear old Audrey to finish her greetings, trapped in anticipation. Instead, we get your beauteous self, dear Meredith, and we hope a prize like none other.”

“Harry, you could charm the pants off any girl. What are you even doing in our club?”

He threw a hand on his brow. “I cannot imagine a world where I do not get to bathe in your glory at least once a month. A line of ladies might be nice, but a chick as fine as yourself is a rare thing.”

I laughed at his forwardness, but I knew Harry meant every word. Everything about him was a search for beauty and clearly I was just another beautiful thing for him to interact.

“You boys both clearly want some time alone with me, but I’m not sure if I’m willing to pick just yet. Besides, neither of you has introduced me to our new friend here.”

Franz and Harry turned to the third man. Franz smirked as he said, “I thought you would already know Saul here. After all, he’s Solomon’s brother.”

I obviously reacted with widened eyes at the mention of Solomon’s name. Saul simply nodded behind his dark glasses.

“I’m sorry if I seem a bit shocked,” I said. “I thought Solomon was an only child. He always talked as though he had no family.”

“That doesn’t surprise me,” Saul said. “Solomon always likes to keep his life a bit guarded. While our parents are long dead, he’s certainly not without family. Our dear sister is also in the world, though she’s been living off the beaten path for the last few years. Last I heard from her, she was somewhere in Montana. I didn’t even know anyone actually lived in Montana.”

I smiled and nodded. “It’s quite nice to meet you, Saul. I apologize if I have insulted you in anyway. I just didn’t know.”

“It’s quite alright, my dear girl. I was a regular at parties like this quite some time ago, but I have been traveling for the last few years. I am something of an amateur archaeologist. I just happened to return in time for my brother’s Solstice celebration. I must say I hadn’t expected to meet anyone quite as lovely as you here though.”

No comments:

Post a Comment