Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 16-3

I reached the end of the hall with no sign of Solomon, but a final table of drinks offered me everything I needed for a White Russian. A few men were already around the makeshift bar, drinking rum and Coke out of full size glasses. I wondered for a bit if Solomon was running late, but Audrey would have told me if her co-host wasn’t here yet. Knowing he must be otherwise occupied, most likely with another young lady, I turned my attention to the men around me.

While I still had eyes for Solomon, one of the rules of the Survivors’ Club was no attachments. While repeated encounters were certainly alright, it was frowned upon to monopolize anyone, especially over multiple meetings. While I took delight in my physical connections with Solomon, he certainly wasn’t my only lover among the members of the Club. Audrey and Jolene had both interested me into their Sapphic circles, while even Solomon hadn’t been afraid to share me with friends and fellow club members, sometimes while still with me.

Two of the gentlemen around me I knew from previous meetings were decent lovers. They both turned their attention to me as I sipped my drink. Franz was German by birth, but came to the United States shortly after the end of the war as a teenager. It left him with a faint sexy accent. Harry was a bit of a beatnik, his full beard and long hair out of the norm among the men of the club. They formed a loose circle around me, along with a third man I didn’t know.

The stranger was of indeterminate age. His dark hair was obviously died, but his gaunt face made guessing at an age almost impossible. He wore dark lenses over his deep set eyes, but he stared at me with an intensity that made his attentions for me clear.   

“I just got here, boys. But it looks like you’re all raring to go.”

Franz smiled at my forwardness. It wasn’t my natural style, but it worked well inside the club. I could have what I wanted here, when I wanted it and that sense of power was unlike anything I knew in day to day life. The men seemed to embrace it, most likely because they knew they would enjoy the results.

“We have arrived too late for many of the festivities. It seemed for a moment we might be forced to celebrate the solstice in somber reflection.”

No comments:

Post a Comment