Saturday, January 30, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 16-2

“I’m so glad you could make it, Meredith. This is going to be the most amazing night in the history of the Club, I promise.”

“Solomon and you have went so crazy about tonight. I’m glad that you’re excited, but I’m still not sure why this night is so much more exciting than any of the others. I thought we’ve had plenty of dang exciting nights, don’t you think?”

Audrey smiled and gave me a firm pat on the shoulders. “You’re right, my dear. I can think of more than one night I left you more than just excited. But tonight will be different. Better. I promise you.”

I shook my head. She and Solomon had been saying the same thing every time we’ve had a meeting since the new year. At this point, it felt like they were just repeating themselves. I leaned forward and gave her a peck on the cheek, said a quick goodbye and went to join the rest of the party.

Most of the Survivors’ Club parties started with dinner and some kind of social hour. While drinks and hor d'oeuvres were easy to grab as I entered, as I walked into the apartment complex it was clear the main event was already well under way. Moans and groans emerged from the first few apartments as I approached.

I stopped for a moment at the first door. It was empty but for a single bed in the living room, which was quite occupied. Atop the mattress, I saw the sitting form and familiar face of Jolene. Her head was thrown back, her skirt pushed up and her blouse pulled down. I didn’t recognize the bobbed red hair of the woman whose face was between Jolene’s legs. Jolene glanced up at me with a wicked grin on her face. I only gave her a slight nod before I moved down the hall.

I glanced into the next few rooms. I saw a women with two men, a group of three men and two women and a pair of men that I paused to watch for just a moment. Even in our club, it wasn’t common to see men go that high up the Kinsey scale. I probably stayed and watched a moment too long before I moved on, but not both before they gave me a glance and a smile. I simply waved, my cheeks surely a bit red, before I moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment