Saturday, January 2, 2016

Walking Shadows Book 3 Chapter 13-7

As dinner turned into more drinks, I realized it was getting late. But only a handful of the guests left after the food. As it grew from evening into night, I continued my time with Solomon, Audrey and the rest of the Survivors’ Club. About two dozen of us still filled the floor and no one was feeling any pain from the free flow of the alcohol in the room.

Audrey hung on the shoulder of a young man probably barely out of college, while Jolene had paired with a thirty something with a weightlifter’s build. They laughed and played around, clearly letting the men get a bit more physical than one would see in polite company. It intrigued me that these two women could be so free in front of others, even if it was the limited scope of the club.

I downed another rum and eggnog concoction that was mostly rum as I watched Audrey pull in her young man and kiss him passionately on the lips. I could feel their lust as an almost palpable force.

“They are something together, aren’t they?”

Solomon’s voice came from behind me and before I could react his arms were around me from behind. I was startled at the sudden contact, but I sunk back into him seconds later. I hadn’t expected landing him to be so easy, but I was more than happy to keep him close.

“Yes, they are,” I said. “But I’m not used to such public affection.”

“We have no secrets in the Survivors’ Club. We aren’t about forming attachments. Instead we focus on ways to fulfill our needs, rather they are those of everyday life in America or of a more primal nature.”

A few of the couples had disappeared into the closed office doors around the area. I realized now why they were gone. Jolene and Audrey were both slowly undressing the men with them, even as they pulled them both closer to one another. The half naked men watched as the women released them to turn and kiss each other.

I felt my cheeks grow red as I watched. But I could not draw my eyes away. When Solomon started to kiss my neck, I kept my eyes on the women and men in front of me as their kisses turned into more. I watched them as I let Solomon take me, and I knew I had found a place as a member of the Survivors’ Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment